INTENSIVE HATHA VINYASA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 200H TTC PORTUGAL AUGUST 2020
Certified by 1 Love 1 Heart Yoga School
The course includes:
- 21 night accommodation at a beautiful location inside a nature reserve
- Three vegetarian meals per day made with organic ingredients from local producers
- Teacher training manuals
- All lessons and workshops
- Kirtan, Bajan and music healing sessions
- Certification from 1love1heartyoga school
- Transportation from the train Station, Coimbra and Guarda to Carregal do Sal to the Retreat center.
The course does not include:
- Excursion on days off ( one each week)
- Books on recommended reading list
- Healing sessions on days off
1heart1loveyoga Trainings and Retreats, holds the structure and discipline of classical Hatha, infused with the immense creativity and dance-like flow of modern Vinyasa. It is a fresh and inspired blend of classical and modern styles.
Learn the process of allowing the ultimate guidance to be from within… Experience the practice becoming exquisitely complete.
Each day is layered with practices rooted in yogic philosophy, which allow you to build physical and emotional strength, healthy habits, and ultimately a more vital, conscious way of life.
We focus on setting a strong foundation in yogic basics – both physical and non-physical, allowing our students to shed old habits and direct the body-mind toward a higher purpose
Rooted in the belief that EVERY Being has a purpose and a powerful message to share, this training encourages your unique gifts to be expressed authentically and powerfully. We invite, not only those who wish to become teachers, but anyone who wants to take their practice to deeper physical, mental and spiritual levels.
The Yoga Teacher Training courses reflect an energetic, therapeutic and spiritual approach to yoga. Sequences taught are designed to improve both strength and flexibility as well as bring awareness to the flow of subtle energy through the body.
In our yoga training we will enter towards the practice of a deeper life experience, where the awakening of consciousness is a fundamental part of the program:
- Studying tools that will lead us to understand more about life, that is, about the spiritual laws on which it is based, decoding reality and taking an objective look from inside to outside of oneself.
- Making a holistic approach to the concepts of body, mind, spirit, ego, sexuality, love, suffering, emotions, trinity, desire ….
- Applying each message we receive to the practice of daily life, we intend to reveal during training and through yoga, the keys to grasp and unlock our personal resistances.
Our personal approach is to guide you in to a espiritual practice of self empowering, inner self discovery and creativity.
What you will learn
- The history and foundations of Yoga
- Principles of yogic philosophy
- Introduction to Ayurveda and Nutrition
- Introduction to Pranayama and Meditation techniques
- Principles of asana practice, alignment and adjusting
- Bhakti yoga, Nada yoga, Mantra
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Communication skills, finding your voice
- Chanting and Kirtan
- Philosophy and aim of yoga
- The five points of yoga
- Prana (Qi) Nadis (Meridians) and chakras (energy centres)
- The human energy fields
- The 4 elements and the akasha
- The five koshas
- The bandhas
- The 4 paths of yoga
- The 8 limbs of yoga
- Principles of self-development
- Teacher student relationship
- Introduction to the Bhagavad Gita
- Karma and reincarnation
- The Gunas
- The Yugas
- Mantras and Kirtans
- Principles and benefits of meditation
- Ethics for yoga teachers
Learning the art of teaching
- How to teach asana technique, proper alignment, and the benefits of each pose
- How to teach to all levels and requirements
- Modifying for injuries
- Verbal and hands on adjustments
- Build skill in observing alignment in different bodies
- How to create classes which are light, yet powerful medicinal journeys, infused with yogic philosophy and your heart’s message
- How to build intelligent, innovative sequences, which are powerful, dynamic and therapeutically balanced (The symphony of sequencing)
- How to hold space in the classroom
- Beginner anatomy and physiology
- How to create a successful business
- How to teach from your authentic self (this program is not about memorizing scripts. It’s about understanding the principals of alignment, sequencing and teaching, so that you feel confident in creating and leading original classes.)
This program will give you the confidence, knowledge and enthusiasm that you need to share this practice with others, in a manner that can transform and impact their lives. Where Intention, Attention and Action align to create the reality that is your True Potential, there is nothing you cannot overcome.
This course is divided into 180 contact hours with a teacher and 20 non-contact hours of individual and/or group study and a final examination ( written and practical) to evaluate students understanding of the course following the completion of three-week intensive course.
6.30 – 7.00 Opcional self practice
07:00 – 09:00 Asana and pranayama
09:00 – 10:00 Breakfast
10:00 – 11:00 Anatomy and Physiology
11:00 – 12:30 Philosophy, teaching principles, nutrition, Shat Karma
12:30 – 13:00 Meditation/pranayama practice
13:00 – 16: 00 Lunch, free time, study time
16 – 17:30 Asana brea down, alignment, sequencing, integrated physiology
17:30 – 19:00 Sequencing, student teaching, theme development
19:00 – 20:00 Dinner
20:00 – 21:00 Music, movement, healing, films, walking meditations ( two times a week )
21:00 – Silence until after morning practice
The teachers come from different lineages of Hatha, Vinyasa, iyengar Yoga, providing different insight and perspective in the art of teaching yoga. Differences between different teaching methods can be a great added value in the content of what is proposed, and the students in this way, will have a chance of broadening their understanding because they will be able to see the same situation from different perspective, fostering a deep curiosity for the exploration of yoga and life. We believe that this can surely be a good foundation from where, our students, can begin their own personal journey into the investigation of the yogic path. The investigation of the traditional practice is done in a way that honors the pure tradition, but also ignites an investigation that makes the practice relevant and realistic in our modern world.
The two main teachers for this course are Nathalie Comas and Massimo Cantara. There will be other visiting teachers for part of the training that will join on the second week to teach awakening consciousness.
Nathalie is a professional Yoga Teacher, 1500-hour level, having studied in Mysore and Kerala, India for 13 years and with other important teachers around the world, she went on to teaching
Yoga full time, working on teacher training courses and retreats in Thailand, Indonesia and Spain for the last seven years.
Nathalie is also an experienced vegetarian chef and has been studying Ayurveda and Naturopathy for several years.
Nathalie runs her own Retreats and Teacher training as well as working in Collaboration on many 200-300 hour levels Teacher Training courses in Spain and Thailand .
She is a travelling yogui; living between India , Thailand and Barcelona.
*Nathalie originally studied hotel management and worked for many years in the luxury hotel business in various locations Worldwide before dedicating her life to Yoga. She speaks fluent English, Spanish and French.
“Let your practice mean something beyond the pose, Bring the learning home to the world, be consistent and persistent in applying the deep lessons of the spiritual path, in every breath on the mat and most important, in every moment of your life”. 1love1heartyoga
Massimo Lived and studied in England for more than ten years and speaks fluent English. He is a member of Three Treasures Yoga. Massimo is a registered yoga teacher with SYM (Shiatsu Yoga Mediterraneo) as well as a professional Shiatsu therapist and teacher. He is also a qualified kinesiologist and Cranial Sacral therapist. In 1999 he founded Holismos, a center for yoga and complementary therapies in Poggibonsi, Tuscany, Italy. He also teaches Anatomy, Physiology and bodywork for yoga Teacher Trainings. Massimo spent 12 years practicing Shorinji Kempo (2° Dan) but trained originally as a percussionist, playing for many years in various groups in the UK and in Italy. Massimo teaches a solid classical style of Hatha yoga, sprinkled with ideas and suggestions from his back ground in Traditional Chinese Medicine, Kinesiology and percussion.
Situated between Coimbra and the Serra da Estrela mountains, between Lisbon and Porto, lies Retiro no Rio, a beautiful estate measuring almost 10 hectares, of which approximately one kilometre stretches out on the left shore of the Rio Mondego.
Literary translated, Retiro no Rio means a place to relax (retreat) at the river, a name that suits this estate perfectly.
This nature reserve is home to a wide variety of wildlife such as foxes, wild boars, martens, mongooses, genets, otters, hedgehogs and squirrels. Regular guests are the red kite, the osprey, the hoopoe and the kingfisher. The unspoilt countryside is the perfect spot for hikes, ATB and kayak trips. Carp and pike-perch fishing is also an option.
Water gates at Barragem da Aguieira, a large reservoir approximately 20 kilometres downstream, regulate the water level of the river. In the spring these gates will be partially closed, to be opened again at the end of the summer. Consequently, the river is quite wide during the summer months, making all sorts of watersports possible, whereas in winter the river takes its original course.
Students can choose between single private room, shared double room, caravan for single person with outside toilettes and shower and camping with own tent.
Single private room 2900€
Shared occupancy 2400€
Private Caravan( toilet outside ) 2000€
Camping with own tent 1800€
How to get there
There are airports at Porto, Lisbon or Valladolid (Spain, 200 km from the border) from where you can take the train, a bus, or continue your journey by rented car.
There is a daily train service from Coimbra and Guarda to Carregal do Sal (10 minutes from Retiro no Rio by car/taxi). There is a more frequent service from Santa Comba Dao (20 minutes from Retiro no Rio by car/ºCoordinates: 40°23’43.00”N, 7°59’24.50”W / 40°23.720’N, 7 °59.410’W