INTENSIVE HATHA VINYASA YOGA TEACHER TRAINING 200H TTC ALICANTE AUGUST 2020
Certified by 1 Love 1 Heart Yoga School
The course includes:
- Accommodation in double or single room
- Breakfast and 2 main vegetarian (vegan option) meals per day, lunch and dinner (except free days)
- Transport from Alicante’s airport
The course does not include:
- Spa treatments and massages
- Lunch and dinner on free days
This course is divided into 180 contact hours with a teacher and 20 non-contact hours of individual and/or group study
Basic routine, postures and variations, sun salutation, relaxation, abdominal breathing; full yogic breath, two pranayama techniques, recuperative and advanced postures, meditation
Practice and Teaching
- Beginners and intermediary classes for all levels and ages, in depth asana practice and variations (touches on classes for: the elderly, children and yoga for pregnancy).
- Teaching techniques: Guiding, coaching, leading, use of language and communication, use of props, hands-on assisting, finding your personal teaching style, designing classes for mixed levels, teaching new postures in-depth, assessing individual needs, ethics and safety guidelines.
- The course also includes discussion on teaching yoga as a business including self-employment, safety, legal requirements and marketing.
Anatomy and Physiology
- Basic anatomy and physiology; including muscles, bones, the spine, the hormonal system, the nervous system, the urinary system, the immune system and the reproductive system but with particular emphasis on respiration, circulation and digestion.
- Physiological and energetic effects of asanas, pranayama, meditation and relaxation.
- Benefits and contraindications for all asanas (poses).
- Effects of structural and postural alignment on health and wellbeing.
- Physiological and emotional effect of stress.
- Principles of diet and nutrition.
Philosophy, Psychology, Lifestyle, Energetics and Ethics
- Philosophy and aim of yoga.
- The five points of yoga.
- Prana (Qi) Nadis (Meridians) and chakras (energy centres).
- The human energy fields.
- The 4 elements and the akasha.
- The five koshas.
- The bandhas.
- The 4 paths of yoga.
- The 8 limbs of yoga.
- Principles of self-development.
- Teacher student relationship.
- Introduction to the Bhagavad Gita.
- Karma and reincarnation.
- The Gunas.
- The Yugas.
- Mantras and Kirtans
- Principles and benefits of meditation
- Ethics for yoga teachers.
- Developing sensitivity
- Tuning into energy fields and the chakras
- Relevant documentaries.
- Group roles exercises
- Workshops and funny exercises to bring out the energy and get to know each other’s.
Our host is Masía El Relleuero(link a masiaelrelleuero.es),a tourist and relaxing accommodation, located in a protected area of Sierra Aitana (Alcoleja Village, Alicante). It has 350,000 square meters of natural forest and paths that will make you dream in this mountain romanticism that it wraps around the Masía.
08:00h – 10:30h: Pranayama and Asanas
10:30h – 11:30h: breakfast
11:30h – 13:00h: Meditation, philosophy and ethics
14:00h – 17:00h: Lunch
17:00h – 18:45h: Anatomy y psychology, yoga psychology, yoga theory
18:45h – 19:00h: Break
19:00h – 20:00h: Asana (theory and practice), Yoga therapy
20:00h – 21:00h: Dinner
This is an example of the Daily schedule; please note times may change slightly due to season and location.